The Kalachakra Yoga Sadhana
|Translated by TBTTs
Translator: Henry Wolf / DJ Chang
Translation Accuracy Editor: DJ Chang
I have finished writing the ''Transmission of the Kalachakra Dharma'' and the ''Great Empowerment of Kalachakra.'' Next I should write about the ''Kalachakra Yoga Sadhana.'' One must receive the empowerment in order to cultivate this dharma.
I received the transmission of this empowerment personally from Guru Sakya Zheng-kong. I also received the empowerment and blessings from Guru Thubten Dargye.
That year Guru Sakya Zheng-kong noticed that I merged ''emptiness'' with ''awareness'' while cultivating ''Kalachakra Dharma.'' The Master told me ''This practice of yours is absolutely perfect. Only the most advanced practitioner would be able to practice in this way. I am delighted at your profound realization of this dharma. I know that only a good cultivator is able to reach this advanced level of enlightenment. I am proud of being your teacher of this practice. In the future, you will definitely have the ability to turn the great dharma wheel of Kalachakra.
In regard to Guru Thubten Dargye, he knew that in the future I would transmit the ''Simhamukha Dharma'' and ''Kalachakra Dharma,'' so he immediately and personally mailed to me these two deities' images which had been previously blessed by him. At the same time, through the void, he bestowed on me the blessing empowerment to protect and support me in spreading this dharma.
One can see that ''Kalachakra Dharma'' is the highest, the supreme, and the most wonderful dharma in the Vajrayana.
Now, the ''Kalachakra Yoga Sadhana'' is detailed as follows:
- Enter into the Kalachakra shrine and recite the purification mantras
- Recite the Invocation Mantra to invoke Kalachakra and all other deities
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra
- Generate bodhicitta and recite, ''I pray to the uncommon Kalachakra. Via the supreme bliss of the ten directions and three times and the dance of emptiness, please manifest the undertakings of loving kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity, so that sentient beings will embrace and follow him, and thereafter be reborn in the Shambhala Buddha Land.
- Form the Kalachakra Mudra
First visualize emptiness. From the void the seed syllable ''Hum'' appears atop the time wheel. The seed syllable transforms into the five elements of ''Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, and Emptiness'' with Mount Sumeru in the center. On the peak of Mount Sumeru a large lotus appears with a sun-moon disc in the center. Above the disc, Kalachakra emerges embracing his Buddha Mother.
Visualize Kalachakra and his Buddha Mother unified in a standing position. Kalachakra tramples Mahesvara and Mahasvara's consort with both feet. Kalachakra has four faces. His center face is blue in color; right face, red; back face, yellow; and left face, white. He holds a dharma instrument in each of his 24 hands. Kalachakra's Buddha Mother is naked. The Buddha Father and Buddha Mother each have three eyes.
Visualize that the topknot of the Buddha Father is adorned with a vajra scepter. He wears a tiger skirt embellished with pearls and jewels, which dignifies Kalachakra.
Visualize ''Om'' in Kalachakra's brow chakra, ''Ah'' in Kalachakra's throat chakra, and ''Hum'' in Kalachakra's heart chakra. One then visualizes the ''10 Syllable Mantra'' emerging from Kalachakra's heart chakra and forming a mantra wheel.
- Recite the Kalachakra Mantra
''Om。 ha。ka-ma-la。 wa-la-ya。 so-ha。'' (108 times)
- Entering of the Deity into Oneself, Release of Oneself into the Cosmic Consciousness and Entering Kalachakra's Samadhi.
(One's awareness enters into emptiness and merges with Kalachakra. One becomes one with Kalachakra with no difference.)
- Emerging from Samadhi and Praise Verse:
Kalachakra, the supreme Vajrayana
Fulfilling, resolute, and perfect
Willing to uphold all virtuous deeds
Guard the vows even more
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization. Exit the shrine. May all endeavors be auspicious.
!!Please be aware that before engaging in any True Buddha Vajrayana practices, one must first take refuge and receive the respective empowerment.!!
|| Back |